What can DALRO do for you?
Any use of your original musical piece entitles you to royalties. DALRO will ensure that your work is available for licensing and that you receive all the royalties as your work is licenced.
What DALRO requires from you
The work you submit must be original. If the play is based on an existing literary text or film, or a derivative work such as a cinematograph film or translation based on an original work, and the existing or derivative work is protected. We'll need permission from the rightsholder to manage the rights - but we can help you do this.
Musical numbers should also be original. You can sometimes get permission for existing musical numbers to be included in a dramatic work, but it's unlikely you'll get clearance for music originally written for use in another dramatic context.
DALRO requires the following in order to administer your copyright:
- A complete copy of the text in electronic format, preferably Word
- A complete Piano-Vocal Score in electronic format (preferably Sibelius or Finale)
- A full score in Sibelius or Finale, or alternatively a full score and parts in PDF
- A demo recording on CD, if available
- A short synopsis of the storyline
- A character breakdown. An indication of vocal ranges and the gender split would be helpful
- A breakdown of scenes, if applicable
- The estimated duration of the musical
- Any prizes the work may have won
- If the work has been performed, please tell us.
- If any audio or audiovisual recordings were made, please send those on CD or DVD too.
- A short biography of the author(s)
*Kindly note that we reserve the right not to include work in our catalogue.
Please complete the enquiry form and Dalro will contact you to discuss your copyright needs. Alternatively, contact us on 011 712-8330 for further information.